Akamonkai Language School
Akamonkai has two school buildings that they own in Nippori, the main campus building and the Nippori campus building. The Nippori campus building was built in 2003, and the main campus building was renovated in 2012.
Both campus buildings are fully reinforced against earthquakes. The basement of the main campus is also equipped with over 20 PCs and approximately 3,000 manga books; available for Akamonkai students to use 24/7!
Akamonkai have 2 campuses, both in Nippori!
Nippori is an excellent location. Nippori Station, Nishinippori Station, and Mikawashima Station are a stone’s throw away from the school buildings. These stations offer convenient access to the city center of Tokyo as well as the suburbs.
Main building campus: 5 mins on foot from Mikawashima Station.
Nippori campus building: 4 mins on foot from Nippori station and 5 mins on foot from Nishi-Nippori Station.
Courses and Classes
Read more about each course/class by clicking on the respective courses/classes above.
General Japanese Course
This course covers comprehensive Japanese, preparation for JLPT and preparation for EJU (optional). For students aiming to advance to a university or a specialized school after graduation, they have abundant experience to send students to a lot of schools including top universities and graduate schools. Students aiming to obtain a job in Japan can have individual consulting on how to find a job, create resume, and have a job interview by specialized staff, and can have referrals to companies by their group company.
Sep – Oct
1 year 3 months
Jun – Aug
1 year 6 months
Mar – May
1 year 9 months
Dec – Feb
Sep – Oct
- For 1 year course, it only covers until Intermediate 1 level which prepares you for JLPT N3.
- For 1 year and 3 months course, it covers up to Intermediate 2 level, preparing you for JLPT N2.
- For 1 year and 6 months, it covers up to Advanced level 1, preparing you for JLPT N2.
- For 1 year and 9 months and 2 years course, it covers all 4 levels of Advanced, and will prepare you sufficiently for JLPT N1.
University Preparatory Course
Under the University Preparatory Curriculum, students study the Japanese language long-term on a student visa. This course is approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and allows students with fewer than 12 years of education in their home countries to earn the qualifications to attend Japanese universities.
1 year 6 months
Mar – Jul
Sep – Jan
Business Employment Course
In this class, students will obtain study abroad visas, develop high level Japanese language skills, study business etiquette, and learn how to operate Microsoft Office software.
They capitalise on the strengths of study abroad students, such as your language ability, international viewpoints, hungry spirit, and environmental adaptability. Akamonkai assist you every step along the way in finding employment at Japanese companies.
- To admit into the Business Employment class, student must have graduated from a university outside Japan (regardless of major), and acquired Japanese Language Proficiency Test N2 certification or possessing equivalent Japanese language proficiency.
- Course duration is 1 year, and intake is April and October.
- Total course fees for 1 year is ¥908,000.
- Students can acquire JLPT N1 after this course as well.
Internship & Job-support Class
In this class, students learn business Japanese and business manners in the morning, and work as an intern to obtain business skills in the afternoon and on weekends and holidays. During the studies and experiences, students find employment in Japan.
Akamonkai’s partner, HITO-Communications Inc, supports students to obtain necessary skills to get a job in Japan. For example, how to make a Japanese resume and an application documents, conduct mock interviews, teach communication skills for sales and service operations, and so on.
- To admit into the Internship & Job-support class, student must have graduated from a university outside Japan (regardless of major), and acquired Japanese Language Proficiency Test N2 certification or possessing equivalent Japanese language proficiency.
- Course duration is 6 months, and intake is April and October.
- Total course fees for 1 year is ¥533,000.
Other Courses and Features of School
Short-term course and 3-weeks course available!
- For students who can get their own visa, or from visa-exemption countries of Japan (such as Singaporeans)
- Students can learn Japanese in a short period of time
- Short term course is 3 months duration, and course fee is ¥195,000.
- 3 weeks course fee is ¥70,000 (¥60,000 for July)
Dormitories and Facilities
- Dormitories are available for Akamonkai students. All the dormitories are within walking distance to the school campus and only 5 minutes by foot to nearest train station.
- All dormitories are equipped with kitchen appliances, furniture and the Internet.
- There are various scholarships available.
- Full-time students who are enrolled in their school for more than 6 months and enrol into a university or graduate school after graduating from Akamonkai are eligible to apply.
- Scholarships can range from a monthly amount of ¥48,000 yen (for 1 year) and many more.
Check out other Japanese Language Schools
Hanasaku Japanese Language School
Kudan Institute of Japanese Language & Culture
Tokyo Chiyoda Japanese Language School